With talk of more lay-offs in this country and elsewhere, it would be wise to be the best employee you can, but remember when the axe falls, don't take it personal, it's just business. A wake-up call to those who mistakenly think the wrong things about the leaders in their organizations. Read the following points and let the reality sink in, feel free to share with someone who is a bit too chummy with others.
- He isn't smiling at you because he wants a new wife.
- So you went out to lunch with the business owner, don't be surprised if you never see him or her again.
- She isn't laughing at your corny jokes because she hopes you will ask to take her out one day.
- Your co-workers never forgot about your emotional outbursts no matter how much they act as if they like you. It never is quite the same after a blow-up, now is it?
- Management isn't going to overlook tardiness and poor performance just because you dress so well, get along with most people and bring doughnuts.
- Just because someone in your group was picked to lead a team doesn't mean leaders like them so much that they will remain in that position for always.
- You may have had a good time with a CEO or some other power player in your organization at the last holiday event, but that doesn't mean he or she will keep in touch.