1. Often looks over your shoulder and makes remarks that sound less like compliments and more like criticisms.
2. Shares whatever you do, big or small, good or bad, with someone else and includes his or her personal commentary.
3. Makes a point to inconvenience you when he or she knows that you are doing something else in the hopes that you will fail at getting your job done.
4. Finds the time to talk to you even when you don't talk much to him or her.
5. May report to a different boss, but appears very interested in you and what you are doing despite your job having little to do with him or her.
When these things occur, be sure that you note dates and times and what you noticed. Discuss any problems the person has with you with a witness present.